Join us for the 2017 Thanksgiving Day Early Bird 5K, a fundraising event benefiting the United Way of Davidson County. Cash awards will be given for top three overall M/F winners and custom age group awards for both the 5K and the 3K.
We still have the canned food donation entry fee option. Bring a can or twenty to run the race-canned food entry participants are not eligible for awards or shirts.
- 5k – $20 – Before 11/01 ($25 on/after 11/01) ($30 on race day)
- 3k – $15 – Before 11/01 ($20 on/after 11/01) ($25 on race day)
- Free option to run 3k or 5k with canned food or pet food donation (will not be timed or receive a race shirt)
- Early Packet Pickup Tues 11/21 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Wed 11/22 3:00-6:30 p.m
- Race Day Packet Pickup begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Race day registration/Check-in Begins at 7:30
Canned Food and Pet Food Donation
We hold a canned food and pet food drive as part of this event. Please consider bringing a donation to packet pickup or the race.
- Top 3 Males/Females in 3k and 5k
- Top 3 Age Groups in 3k and 5k
5k Age Groups: Under 13, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
3k Age Groups: Under 6, 7-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
Race Director reserves the right to combine age groups.
- Custom designed race shirt
- Shirts guaranteed for paid registration prior to 11/01. Limited sizes/quantities available after 11/01.
The Setting the Pace Award is a unique portion of the EB5K tradition. This award shares the story of one participant each year who has gone above an beyond to set the pace for those around them. Previous winners are pictured left-Courtney Crowson 2012 (white hat), James Freeman 2011 (red shirt), and Tracy Brinkley (blue coat). Nominations for this award are due November 1, 2014. We encourage everyone to nominate someone in their lives who inspires them-and sets the pace for others.
Award winners must participate in the Thanksgiving Day EB5K. Recipients are chosen based on contributions to the community, hardships they personally have had to overcome, and activities that inspire others.